Thursday, September 17, 2009

2588 Changes

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Me: "One can be spiritual without being religious.
One can be religious without being spiritual.
They are two different things, with a casual, not causal, relationship."

-------------------------------

I've changed the title from "The Silken Touch" back to "I Don't Understand". That's what it used to be before I had to move the blog to a new URL, and Blogger wouldn't let me use the old title on a new URL. But "I Don't Understand" is available for use again, so --- I'm back!

The URL has not changed. Nobody has to do anything to any links.

-------------------------

Every so often a blog I've been following goes private, and when I try to visit I get the message that one must contact the owner to be added to the list. Unfortunately, there's no way to contact the owner, since the profile goes private, too, and I never had an email address. Catch 22. So if you went private and you're wondering why I never petitioned to be invited, it's not from not wanting to. It's from not being able to.

-------------------------

Attn. Sister: I was surprised to find a letter from Uncle Raymond, Mom's youngest brother, in today's mail. Aunt Peggy died August 21. She'd been sick for almost a year, and died rather unexpectedly while sitting on the couch. To quote Uncle Raymond, "I don't think she knew that she died." I smiled at that.

-------------------------

I want to make it clear up front that I don't watch Tyra Banks. I was doing some other stuff and the TV in the kitchen happened to have her on when I walked in. She had a nutritionist on who said that to get rid of belly fat, you should eat protein at every meal, lots of berries and nuts, a little avacado and olive oil, and whole wheat pasta. Those items contain chemicals that change the way your body metabolizes fats and sugars.

Back when I lost the first 14 pounds rapidly, before the Nutrisystem (on which I have maintained the loss, but have not lost more), when I was eating what "felt" right, I had a cup of blueberries almost every day, and a bit of olive oil, and protein in some form almost every meal. Hmmmm. Sounds to me like it's true. Sounds to me like I should go back to that.

The past few weeks I've eaten out four or more times a week, and this past weekend with The Man I pigged out. Like BBQ ribs and sweet potatoes pigged out. I haven't weighed me in a long time because I was afraid to.

I stepped on the scale this morning, and wow, I haven't lost anything, but I haven't gained, either. I guess that's good.

--------------------------

My joining Meetup groups has packed my calendar. I've got so much on there now that I'm double and triple scheduling, and actually having to make difficult choices. The weird part is that as I'm getting out more, other people have been extending more invitations. If I were paranoid, I'd think that I'm getting more invitations because they think I won't be able to accept.

Ha! I'll show them!
.

1 comment:

the Gypsy said...

Well, please let me know for sure if you're going to go to the Metamorphosis show with me on Oct. 3, as I've purchased the tickets. If not, I'll be happy to try to find someone else. But I'd love for you to go with me. Haven't seen/spent time with you in a long time.