Thursday, September 17, 2009

2587 Multiple annoyances

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Terry Bisson, The Edge of the Universe:
“[Marriage is] about being together some of the time
and apart some of the time.

About entering and leaving together.
About being free to follow your own tastes yet always conscious that
there is a seat saved for you beside the other.”

------------------------------

I feel 37, but I guess I really must be getting old. I'm turning into a curmudgeon, especially where the young'un's fashions are concerned.

Hair combed and glued into a pointed ridge on the top of a man's head makes him look like a dunce. And what's with that isolated bump on the top of young women's heads? And why do they dress like they should be standing on a street corner twirling a by-the-hour room key on a chain? That's not the way to get respect.

Not to mention overblown lips that flap.

The latest is that super-shiny lipstick. The stuff that looks like the lips are enameled, so shiny that they reflect light. Those lips do not look soft and kissable. They look hard and plastic. Just because some lab was able to create it doesn't mean you should wear it.

Plus the smoothness magnifies any tiny complexion defect on the rest of the face.

Yuck.

---------------------------

The Man confirmed recently that a diagnosis of alcoholism can get you a handicap parking permit in New Jersey. I can't stop thinking about that. If you're sober, why do you need it? If you're too drunk to walk far, why are you driving?

I don't understand.

---------------------------

I just got a call from the doctor's office. My CBC and glucose are fine, but the lab screwed up the thyroid test and I have to go in for more blood tomorrow.

The bruise from the last one (last Friday) is now 2.5" by 1.5", green with a purple center, and still hurts when I bend my arm, even though I kept pressure on it for a very long time. I am not happy.
.

No comments: