Monday, September 14, 2009

2583 End of the week Bits 2

Monday, September 14, 2009

Dean Koontz, in Mr. Murder:
We sense that life is a dark comedy

and maybe we can live with that.
However, because the whole thing is
written for the entertainment of the gods,

too many of the jokes go right over our heads.

------------------------------------------

Saturday morning I drove to NJ to meet The Man at noon. He had changed his flight back from SC to get in early, so we could go to [undisclosed location, because I want it to be a surprise for him if we ever actually get there], but it was raining, and where I wanted to take him was 90% outside, so we didn't go. He'd slept badly the night before, in fear of missing the flight, so we napped instead, which was fun anyway, then went out for dinner.

Sunday we went to a rehearsal studio where he played drums for three hours. I expected to get a bit bored after the first hour, but I didn't. Damn, he's good! I took a few photos then realized my digital camera is also a video camera, so I recorded a few.

He had brought some recorded music to play to. He started out fairly simple because it had been a few decades since he'd played, and then got more complicated as he got into it. Even better, he sang along with the songs. This is The Brazen Heads, "Who's Yer Paddy". I'm kicking myself because I didn't record him playing and singing to this one. It was so much fun I was bouncing up and down and singing, too. (If you click on this to play it, don't forget to first stop the music in the pink box in the left column, if you haven't already.)

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVc0c4XYs7A&NR=1]

I know he doesn't want his face on the internet - so, suitably obscured:

On the drive down Saturday morning, my car had been vibrating very badly. The alignment had gone completely. I couldn't go over 58 mph without fearing for the steering. I didn't want to drive the two hours home with it so shaky, so on his way to work this morning he led me to his mechanic, and went in with me.

We had a discussion this morning (well, ok, I sort of majorly flipped out and said some things that had been on my mind for a while - this is a problem I know I have - I tend to blurt without a plan), and I think he took it well for someone who avoids any kind of relationship talk. I just hope he still feels the same way after he's had a chance to think about it. Whatever happens, I guess I'll live. I absolutely don't want to give him up, I adore him!, but I can't continue on the current basis, either.
.

No comments: