Friday, July 17, 2009

2504 Ripoff

Friday, July 17, 2009

If you can’t learn to do something well,
learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

This is so true. You don't have to be good at something to enjoy it, and get your time's worth out of it. Get out there and dance! Beat that drum! Hit that ball!
----------------------

I was out running some errands this morning and returned in time for the end of one of those TV judge shows. Some woman had purchased a list of foreclosed properties from a man, and was now suing him for her money back because the properties were too far away for her to visit, and whatever additional complaints.

The "jury" found for the guy, because the offer and contract said simply that she was buying a list. She got a list, exactly as described. Contract performed.

What blew my mind was that she paid $10,000 for the list.

WOW! Does this mean that with maybe four hour's work I could put together a list that I could then sell multiple copies of for $10,000 each? Holy crap! I'm in the wrong line of work! (Plus I have too much integrity.)

I'm still having trouble with that $10,000. The woman was an idiot. I could see $50, or maybe even $100, but for $10,000 I'd expect to actually get one of the houses on the list as part of the package.
.

No comments: