Thursday, July 09, 2009

2492 Diet, Day 22, How to make a Happy Waitress

Thursday, July 9, 2009

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

That is SO true! The more you think you deserve love, the more you accept. The less you think you deserve, the more you push away. I suspect that the amount available and offered is the same for just about everyone, like air.

------------------------

I ran a bunch of errands yesterday, so I ate out. I had a hunger for a Happy Waitress, which is invariably the best thing to get in a diner. They're very easy to make at home, but I never do because the bacon is the stopper. I never happen to have two slices of cooked bacon lying around.

How to make a Happy Waitress:
Put two slices of toast on an oven-proof plate.
Cover with slices of tomato, not too thinly sliced.
Lay two slices of bacon on top.
Put two slices of plain American cheese over the bacon.
Broil until the cheese is melted, but hasn't yet lost shape.
Serve with creamy cole slaw.
Eat with knife and fork.

When I got home I had to look up all the ingredients. I was shocked to discover that a Happy Waitress totals out to 381 calories!

------------------------

What I ate yesterday:
Sanka, coffeemate vanilla sugar free
Rice Pudding, deli, 1 C
Sanka, coffeemate vanilla sugar free
Happy Waitress, restaurant
Cole slaw, restaurant, 1/2 C
Water & tea
The usual vitamins and minerals, not included in totals below.

Totals for yesterday:
Calories - 791 (out of 1153 allowed)
Carbs - 66 (299g allowed)
Sugar - 10g
Fiber - 1g
Fat - 41 (67g allowed)
Protein - 24 (47g allowed)
Cholesterol - 38 (297mg allowed)
Sodium - 495 (2402mg allowed)

Total weight lost since 6/17:
8.0 pounds
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

In Jersey, a "happy waitress" is more like the diet plate of long ago - a scoop of cottage cheese on a couple of leaves of iceberg lettuce, some canned fruit. Meh.