Sunday, May 03, 2009

2383 Bubbles

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I accidentally burst The Man's bubble last week.

I'm on the Shakespeare at Boscobel e-newsletter list. Two weeks ago I got the schedule for this summer, and late last week I got the notice that the box office was now open. Gotta move fast - the best seats for every performance go quickly. After thinking about it for a day, I fired off an email note to The Man asking if he'd like to go again this summer, and if so, which play.

His response was that I was about 18 hours late. He'd already purchased tickets for opening night. (And he didn't realize it, but he chose the play that I'd hoped he'd choose.) He had wanted to surprise me with it.

Sweet of him. I felt bad about taking the surprise out of it. The surprise is gone, but the smiles remain.

------------------------

I went to Spring Caravan yesterday. I met a fellow blogger for lunch, and then we went to the center, where we examined the glittery wares for sale and watched the dancers. She left at about dinner time (and wouldn't you know it, there were several really entertaining performances after she left, including an ATS improv).

A friend was vending yoga pants and wrap tops, and I babysat her booth while she rehearsed and danced - praying the whole time that nobody wanted to buy anything. There were a few inquiries, but they wanted size smalls, which had already sold out (Wow! Sold out!), so I handed out a few business cards and told them that items could be made to order.

------------------------

I stayed at the Marriott up the street from the center last night, and fell asleep on the couch watching TV. Got to bed about 3 am. The clock radio was obviously new, and absolutely NOT intuitive (why was there no button that said "Set Alarm"? Or anything close to it? On a hotel alarm clock?), but I somehow accidentally succeeded in setting the alarm for 7:30 am.

When the alarm went off, I decided to reset it for 9:30.

That stupid clock almost got thrown against the wall! Not only could I not figure out how to change the alarm to 9:30, I couldn't figure out how to turn it off! Snooze, yes. Off, no.

So it kept going off every 10 minutes until I finally unplugged it, gave up, and got up. I didn't throw it, but I wanted to. It's a good thing the screen wouldn't come out of the window. Yes, I did check. I'd have gladly paid damages just for the satisfaction of seeing it hit the pavement from the fifth floor.

I had planned to see Daughter this afternoon, but she was driving back from south Jersey. It was pouring rain. Traffic would be slow, and spray would make it difficult to see, so I called her and canceled. I didn't want to be responsible for her thinking she had to adhere to a schedule.
.

No comments: