Friday, May 08, 2009

2387 Bits

Friday, May 8, 2009

Forgive me if I get confused. It's a little after midnight and I haven't been to bed yet, so my tendency is to refer to ten hours ago as "this afternoon". The Man would insist that it should be "yesterday afternoon". When I bat that around in my head, it rolls under the refrigerator and I forget what I was thinking.

Confusion is exacerbated by the fact that I didn't post yesterday, uh, Wednesday. Or yesterday, uh, Thursday, either, if today/tonight is Friday. You know, what I should do is just go down there to the "Post Options" at the bottom of this screen and change the date and time to before midnight. Then I could pretend today is yesterday. Now excuse me while I go look under the refrigerator.

I had the bone density test last week, and it turns out I've lost some since the last one, six years ago. I already take 1600 whatsises of calcium per day, and she wants me to increase that, and do some weight-bearing exercise. Back to walking, I guess.

I had blood drawn Wednesday (standard physical), and the doctor's office called with the results Thursday afternoon.

My blood sugar is high (expected), so I have to watch the sugar intake. I'm insulin resistant. I knew I was headed that way, but I've been ignoring it, hoping losing some weight would fix it.

She called the cholesterol level "good", which surprised me, because it's 202, which most doctors consider a tad too high. But my HDL to LDL ratio is very high, so that makes it ok.

But there's something wrong with the thyroid and the white cell count. I didn't ask for details because they want to redo the test next week. When I go in then I'll get a copy of the report, and ask questions.

Well, see? I hadn't seen a doctor in six years, during which I was perfectly healthy. Then I saw a doctor, and now everything's going wrong. Harumph!

Well, maybe between the walking for bones, the avoiding sugar, and the thyroid thing, either having it or fixing it, whatever it is, maybe I'll lose some weight, which will make me happy, or gain it, which will make The Man happy.

I had lunch Wednesday with Piper, and then Wednesday afternoon The Man and I were discussing getting together for Thursday evening (like, tonight) - but within minutes of that conversation he was assigned to another hot project, and poof, he couldn't take time off. The weekend is gone to his Mother's Day trip south, so I won't see him for at least another week.

Ah phooey. I'm going to bed.
.

No comments: