Saturday, April 11, 2009

2353 Fly like an eagle

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Interesting video. If you are at all prone to motion sickness, you might want to skip this one. It's pretty swoopy and at the same time jerky, but thrilling nonetheless.

When I was young, I'd lie in the grass watching the birds, and I tried to imagine what it would be like to be one. Video via Switched - Spanish photographer Jose Luis Ortiz strapped a camera to his pet golden eagle and let him go. My favorite part is at the end, where you can see the man very far away and the eagle swoops in for a fast landing.

I wonder what the eagle thinks about. By the way, what looks like a snow-covered mountain in the freeze below is the eagle's head. It's kind of neat when he turns his head as he's flying and you can see his eye and beak.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APViUODDhT0&feature=player_embedded]
.

No comments: