Friday, February 27, 2009

2288 Surgeon, Water

Friday, February 27, 2009

Saw the breast surgeon this afternoon. She looked at my films, took my history, poked and prodded, and was impressed with my general level of health. She says she sees no reason to do anything intrusive at this time. It was probably either a stress-related hormonal change, or a simple infection. However, if it happens again, I should see her immediately.

I asked, and the "chicklets" in the one mammogram frame are lymph nodes, and they look exactly as they should.

The plumber arrived with three helpers. They pulled the pump, and discovered that the real problem was not the pump (which is at the bottom of the well), but the pipe that comes up from the bottom. It had a large crack, and broke when they pulled it up. That added $500 to the parts list. Joy. But tonight I not only have water, I have hot water, too.

Now, excuse me while I go eat cake and ice cream, and find some pretty bauble for myself on eBay. A pretty, CHEAP bauble.
.

2 comments:

Donna in Alabama said...

I read you do have a submergable pump since it's at the bottom. My well is so deep, they have to splice the pipe to reach the bottom. I came loose at the connection once and I was so relieved. It's good the electric wire was taped to the pipe or we would not have been able to pull it out once it came apart. My brother and my son pulled it out and fixed it...no cost! I was very lucky.

~~Silk said...

My pipe was eight twenty-foot sections. They said my water would be better (not so hard and not so silty) if the well were deeper, but I'm on a ridge, and it's bedrock down there. They can't go any deeper at reasonable expense.