Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2286 Cave House

Wednesday, February 25, 2009


There's a unique house for sale in Festus, Missouri. The eBay listing is here. The listing ends on March 11 or so (sooner if they get a good offer). If you go look, the photos in the middle of the listing may not show up - but there's more near the end.

The house is built into a cave. (Well, they call it a cave. Actually it's an old mine.) 17,000 square feet, spread over three chambers. The living area is in the front chamber. The second chamber is 40'x40', and makes a good party/game area. The third, or back chamber, is huge, and contains a stage where, back in the '70s and '80s or something, some well-known music groups performed. In the photos, the green-tinted tunnel-looking one is that third chamber. They really should have included a person in that photo for scale - the ceiling is over 20' high!

$300,000 can get you a very unique geothermal house.


.


.

3 comments:

Donna in Alabama said...

It seems like there would be a big humidity problem. I would not have to worry about being safe from tornados anywhere in that house!!

Becs said...

Gasp! The Fortress of Solitude is really in Missouri! Who knew?

Anonymous said...

These pictures are making me nervous just to see them. I wonder why? Some kind of self discovery waiting for me if I wanted to look for it. I don't think I will today, though. But, I also won't click on ebay to see more either. Strange reaction for me.