Thursday, February 05, 2009

2257 The Doctors

Thursday, February 5, 2009

I just got back from the doctor's office. I got a scolding for not having had a mammogram in like 10 years. (Correction - last one was 2004.) I am scheduled for a mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow. They seemed to consider it an emergency - they called four places to find one that could fit me in.

Isn't that interesting.

The mammo is in the morning, and the ultrasound is at 1:30 pm. Awkward. Jasper's vet appointment is at 1:30, and he really needs to go in because I think his problem is only slightly better.

So I stopped off at the vet's office. Today is the vet's day off, but the nurse is there anyway because there are animals in the back. Now I'm going to take Jasper in early in tomorrow morning, but I won't be able to pick him up tomorrow evening because I'm going to New Jersey, and I really don't want to cancel this particular trip. He'll have to stay there until Monday, but that might be best anyway, since that way they can monitor his fluid intake. He loves to play in water, but I'm not sure how much he actually drinks.

The pace is picking up around here, and I don't like it. I'd rather stay in hibernation.

-------------------

Later - the place I had my previous mammograms has gone out of business, and I have no idea what they may have done with my films. The doctor was a little concerned about that. She wanted previous exams for comparison. However, when Jay was sick, one thing we learned is that you get your own second copies of all MRIs, xrays, blood tests, everything!, so you can carry them around with you. It saves a lot of time, and nothing gets lost.

So, I have copies of my last two mammograms here, in the den, and (it surprised me!) I was able to locate them easily. So, I'm all set.
.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I keep copies of everything but I get hassled by doctors offices, like I'm a real pain to them, when I ask. ANd I find I have to really finagle for copies of x-rays and MRI's. I can get the reports easily, but they want to keep the films. But I have my ways, and have been mostly successful. I am reading and commenting backwards so I know you are OK.