Tuesday, February 03, 2009

2252 I got rooked.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You know those converters you have to buy for analog TVs? The one where the government (or somebody) offered $40 off coupons, maximum two per household?

Well, "they" were saying that a limited number of those coupons would be available. Two of my TV sets are analog, so back in May I sent away for two coupons, and when the envelope arrived I put it away, unopened, until I needed them.

Today I opened the envelope. The enclosed letter cautions that they expire 90 days after they're mailed. Mine expired on 8/13/08.

In all those TV announcements, they couldn't find 3 seconds to say there's an expiration date?

I'm out $80, and I'm angry.
.

3 comments:

Kate said...

That stinks!

Becs said...

Maybe you can get them replaced for free?

Donna in Alabama said...

That sucks, I signed up online for mine way back last summer. I have never received them! Rippppp...