Wednesday, February 04, 2009

2254 Not going well at all.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Hunk came by this morning and showed me how to set and hook up the charger, so Suzy got her restart. Her clock now insists it's 18:88 o'clock, and the outside temperature is -188, and I don't have the faintest idea how to fix that. I drove her around a bit, and dared to actually turn her off at the post office, and she did start again, so I hope she's ok now.

Before he left, the Hunk told me that the battery may not charge to 100%, it might go to 80% and then not charge further, but that's ok. Suzy got to 72% very quickly, but then it wouldn't go any higher. I guess she's going to need a heart transplant soon.

I spent the afternoon sorting papers, trying to pull together everything I need for taxes. There's a lot of pieces of paper that I don't know what to do with. Like companies I had stock in that went under or were bought out. I have the stubs from checks they sent me, but shouldn't there be some kind of 1099? Oh, well. Unfortunately they never tell what the basis is, so I have to figure that out.

I discovered a small problem today, and called my doctor's office to make an appointment, a half-hour before they closed. I haven't been there in three years (I didn't realize that!), so they are considering me a new patient. And yet, when I told her what was wrong, she scheduled me for 3:30 tomorrow. Now I'm worried. But only a little. I don't think it's what she is thinking.

Oh, and it WAS the ceiling light left on that caused Suzy's collapse. I wasn't tall enough to see it, but the Hunk laughed at the melt dimple in the snow on her roof, right over the light.
.

1 comment:

Donna in Alabama said...

I started scanning all my papers this year for taxes or whatever reason I need to keep something. Now I will not have to hunt for papers, just pull them up on my laptop.
My son left his headlights on Tuesday when he got to school and his battery died. I borrowed cables from work and went downtown to jump it off. Must have been a bad day for batteries! ha