Thursday, October 23, 2008

2084 Brace

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am now wearing the back brace. It has a hard trapezoidal panel in the back, heavy elastic that wraps around and closes with Velcro over the lower tummy, and then two "pull it tighter" elastic straps on each side.

It creates an extreme "muffin top" midway up my ribs.

I hope I don't need it tomorrow or the weekend, but I guess I'd best assume I will. That limits my choices in clothing for the trip. Muumuus? Caftans? Shifts? Blah. Not exactly sexy. He likes long skirts, but there's a limit. Good thing I have several kurtas. Looks like it's going to be kurtas and slacks for the weekend.

Mother is not happy.

Later - If you go to the "kurta" link above, notice the hands on the manikin. Seems like a poor design. It might make it hard to get tight sleeves or lacy knits on it. Last time I saw hands like that on something you have to dress was when Daughter was one year old and objected to wearing clothing.
.

No comments: