Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2083 Ouchy Back

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I took those six loads of laundry to the laundromat yesterday. Piper is always surprised that I have a washer and dryer, but use the laundromat. It's because I can do all loads concurrently instead of consecutively, which saves time, and secondly because my hard water has messed up the washer valves, so you have to keep an eye on it constantly, or it will overfill and flood the laundry room and kitchen.

Anyway, taking one of the heavy bags out of the car last night, I got a sharp stab at the top of my left hip, so sharp I yelped. It lasted only an instant, but it was a warning.

I can walk for miles, and I can stand for hours, but I can't stand with my arms held out in front of me. It unbalances me, and, added to the boobage weight, stresses my lower back. So last night I spent a long time standing at washers, dryers, and a folding table, with my arms in front of me, and then followed that by unloading the car at home, then reloading it with recycle containers.

This morning I had to dump the (6) containers into the recycle bin, the opening of which is over my head.

Today my lower back is yelling at me, and I'm yelping back. It's causing powerful abdominal/intestinal cramps. I'm running on aspirin today. I'm still working my way through the to-do list, but I think I'll skip the movie tonight.

It's got to feel better soon. I'll never last on an airplane with it like this, even is it is only a 90 minute flight. That'll wipe me out completely.
.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, I hope you feel better soon.