Saturday, February 09, 2008

1677 Sprouting, Part 2

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Becs has noted in a comment on the previous entry that my "sprouts" sound a lot like Morgellon's Disease. Naturally that sent me off on Google trails. I didn't link any site because you really have to read several to get a sense of what goes on in Morgellon's.

Briefly, there are a lot of symptoms, major among which are sores that don't heal, and knots of hair-like growths that sprout from the sores or build up under the skin, and a constant feeling of bugs walking around under the skin. Also, "black nodules, long and short fibers that can't be pulled out, and great pain, are all highly effective in destroying relationships between couples. Put another way, the suffering is so great that participating in sexual acts are the last thing that victims of the disease will think about doing."

Well, I have no sores, my sprouts look slightly shorter and fatter than what they show in Morgellan's (not "hair-like" at all, more sliver-like, slightly longer than a comma on this page), they pull right out with no difficulty, there's no pain whatsoever, no bug-under-the-skin feeling, and the only day I itched was the day after I was at the tech school. That day was very bad with the itching, but it was only that day - last Sunday.

And I'm still very interested in sex.

Who knows. Maybe this is a very early stage of Morgellan's. But I think not. I still think it's fiberglass or something like that. I pulled out about seven or eight more since this morning. No big deal. Just strange.
.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I think it's a shame that they named a disease after such a wonderful explorer. Poor Ferninand....

;)

Becs said...

Gosh. I'm sorry. That was seriously gross of me. That's what I get for speed reading.

~~Silk said...

Becs - What was gross? What speedreading? From what was in the earlier post, Morgellon's was a good place to point me. You didn't know that I didn't have bugs-under-skin syndrome, or what the eruptions looked like.