Saturday, February 09, 2008

1676 Sprouting!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

A few days ago I mentioned itching after spending a day at a tech school.

Today, I'm sprouting.

My skin is extruding something weird.

Know how when you get a tiny scratch that pushes up a bit of skin, and the tiny skin tag hangs on until you feel it catching on silk or sweaters, and you pull it off? They're sort of like that. It's teeny tiny sticking-out bits of what looks like skin. They are all three parts, a larger central piece with two smaller pieces on either side, looks almost like a microscopic tuft of grass. They are stiff, like whisker hairs, and I find them when they brush against fabric or things.

There's no scratches. They seem to be coming out of pores. So far the ones I've seen have been mostly on the sides of my hands (fingers and the outside of the palms, probably because that's where I'm most likely to feel them, when the sides of my fingers touch each other), and around my waistband. I can pull them out with tweezers or my fingernails.

I've pulled about ten of them since I noticed them this morning.

I really think I picked up invisible fiberglass slivers at the school.
.

3 comments:

Becs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becs said...

This sounds eerily like Morgellon's disease, which I first read about this week.

Overflowing Brain said...

Ha! Found you!

That's creepy. I had hives in my armpits all week. Turns out having a crazy person around will do that to you!

By the way, I'm definitely in New Orleans. Most of the time.