Wednesday, February 06, 2008

1672 Dogma

"The only thing wrong with Christianity is the Christians."

"The key difference between Spreading the Word of God and Spreading the Word of the Church can be summed up thusly: the Church is the shoddy house that was built upon the perfect earth. I'm not saying that the Church is bad; I'm saying it was built by men (and women) and because of this, it's weak and frail. The earth, on the other hand, is organic and natural, strong and durable.

Like God."

Kevin Smith
Dogma, liner notes
.

3 comments:

Becs said...

Did your friend give you this DVD? Because I am liking him more by the minute. To judge his TRUE geekiness, find out if he owns "An Evening With Kevin Smith."

BTW, I've been to the Quick-Stop in Leonardo twice.

Have you seen "Clerks" yet? A must-watch, especially since "Clerks II" ties it up nicely. And yes, I admit - so lame - I watched it twice, once with the commentary on.

Because that's what geeks do.

But don't even let him stink-palm you.

~~Silk said...

Haven't see "Clerks" yet, but I think it's on the list.

"Stink-palm"? I'm not sure I want to know....

Becs said...

Er, should have said "ever". If you watch "Mallrats", you'll find out. I have a feeling that's on the list, too.