Tuesday, July 24, 2007

1399 Shopping

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My ears are not pierced, so I don't wear expensive earrings (I worry about them falling off, although in my entire life I have lost only one earring, and I wasn't even wearing it at the time it escaped), and it's getting harder and harder to find decent clip earrings. They don't exist in local stores, except for that one rack in the el-cheapo store.

When I decide I need a particular color or style, I shop on eBay for them, or the online antique and vintage stores.

Well, three weeks ago I bought a beautiful rose satin jacket, and I decided that the perfect thing to wear under it would be a black sequined tube top. I hit virtually every clothing store in two counties-worth of malls, and no one can even remember seeing one in ages.

I gave up.

About the same time I had bought a pink satin Chinese blouse, and decided I needed pink pearl earrings to wear with it. Found two pair (one stud, one dangle) on eBay - nice, real pearls, and inexpensive.

Did YOU make the connection?

I can't believe it took so long for my lightbulb to go on.

I found six black sequined tube tops on eBay, and six more in online vintage and dance supply stores.

Duh.
.

No comments: