Monday, July 23, 2007

1397 Phone Change

Monday, July 23, 2007

I got some business done this morning. I am so proud of myself! (Yeah, sarcasm.)

I have reservations for my visit to Daughter this coming weekend.

I called and reserved tickets for a show in August.

I called and cancelled the old ISP, now that I've had the highspeed link for about a month and it seems to be working.

I called and cancelled the second house line.

I called and changed the telephone service on the remaining main house line to one which provides unlimited free nationwide long distance, and includes call waiting, caller id, and transfer of calls to my cell phone - all for less than I'd been paying for regular service on the two lines.

Life is good.

------------------------------------

In the previous post I'd mentioned the lawyer I had dated briefly in February of 2006. He had given me his family homepage URL, so after thinking about it a bit ("Wonder what he's doing now?") I looked him up. No, it's NOT stalking! Not the same thing at all. He put himself out there so that people could look! He expects and welcomes it.

Well, I got a bit of a surprise.

I had told him back then that I was going to be very slow and cautious about getting into physical involvement, and I told him why. He didn't react well to that. I figured that he just wanted someone to sleep with RIGHT NOW!, and that's why. That turned me off. It turns out on his side it might have been more subtle, that he saw himself in my story and realized he wasn't ready, that he could be unfair to me. In fact, he said "I guess I'm not really ready", and I agreed. But I was thinking about the divorce hangover and the shingles.

His site is mostly photos, and there's a lot more there now than back when. Almost all of them are of him and a woman, on vacation, at events, having fun, snuggling. Photos from long before we met, and from long after.

It looks like he had and has a long-term relationship, and he must have started up with me during perhaps a small disagreement, "on a break".

Thank you, Mr. Lawyer, for not involving me in a triangle. Your lady is very pretty, you look happy (I notice the additional pounds), and I hope you'll remember next time you have a spat - don't go looking for someone else until you're sure it's over. With luck and communication, maybe it won't be over.
.

2 comments:

Becs said...

Err...um...not to pry, but what happened to R?

~~Silk said...

I'll be seeing Ray this weekend.