Wednesday, February 21, 2007

1128 Spring-like Day

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It was in the mid-40s outside today, our first day above freezing since early January. I took the garbage down the drive without a jacket on, and I wasn't cold. No wind, and warm sun. The sound of snow melting.

At the Frolic last Saturday, the organizer was asking for people to post flyers in different areas, and when he came to my area (the "other" side of the river), no one volunteered, so, naturally....

Today I posted Frolic flyers at the local college, and a dance studio, a cafe, and a health food store in the village. Tomorrow I'll post some in the next village down the road.

I took a shopping list with me - things to buy at the pharmacy and the grocery store. I've been building that list for a week, things it would be so easy to forget. Neither my sweater nor pants had pockets, so I folded the list and stuck it in my bra. Somewhere along the line it must have jiggled out. I wonder what the people in the pharmacy parking lot thought of the woman peering into and feeling around in her bra through the v-neck of her sweater. Just the monthly lump-detection, folks. Multitasking. Ignore.

I went to the first session of the Ballroom Dancing class tonight. There were seven men, all of whom had come with a partner, and seven additional women without partners, including me. Not cool. Oh, and that reminds me of another weird thing about me (see previous post) - I have absolutely no sense of rhythm. I can't "feel" the music. I see very little difference between "one two three one two three" and "one two three four one two three four". I mean, they all go evenly into twelve, right?

'Nother weird thing (result of a trip to the refrigerator), I've been known to put mustard on pizza. And I put salt on cantaloupe. And I own eleven different musical instruments and I can't play any of them. I just tune them once a year.

Ok. I'm weird.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I tried ballroom dancing in college with a group of my girlfriends. We were very disappointed that the only men there were with dates and many of them wouldn't even dance with other partners!