Monday, January 29, 2007

1094 Concoction Catastrophes

Monday, January 29, 2007

I mentioned in the previous entry that I can ruin any recipe. Some time ago I talked about using Daughter's delicious recipe for basil tomato salad, and my version gave everybody at a hafla horrible gas. Jay's sister makes a wonderful fruit desert, with sliced bananas, cubed apple (and optional other things like raisins), with a dressing made of 1/3 cool whip, 1/3 mayonnaise, and 1/3 peanut butter. When she makes it, it's creamy. Two out of three times I attempt it, the oils separate and it's awful. And yes, I did check, she does not use oil-free stuff. Mine will separate even if I use oil-free mayo and homogenized peanut butter.

Seriously, I can mess anything up, especially if I try really hard to follow directions precisely. If I ever get a recipe from you, you really don't want me giving you credit.

.

No comments: