Thursday, December 28, 2006

1041 Ok, Right, Flashback & Smile

Thursday, December 28, 2006

South Park is on, and one of the teachers inserts an "ok" everywhere there's a verbal comma. I was getting more and more tense, and then I realized that it was because Ex#2 used to do that. Every verbal punctuation mark was a breathed "ok", no matter what Ex#2 was talking about or to whom. It used to drive me crazy.

I guess every so often someone would complain, because he'd switch to "right" for a while, then eventually go back to "ok".

I knew it was the beginning of the end when I stopped ignoring it and began answering each of the "ok" or "right" non-questions with a nice firm "ok!" or "right!" --- and he didn't even notice.

---------------------------------------

Here's an interesting test from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/smiles/.

They'll show you a series of 20 clips of people smiling, and you have to decide whether it's a real or a fake smile.

I got 16 of the 20 correct. I called one real smile fake, and three fake smiles real.

By the end of the series I had figured out at least one clue, but mostly I just decided by whether they made me smile, too. By the end of the test, my cheeks hurt from smiling.

By the way, I argue with their terminology. All the smiles were "real". What they're actually differentiating between are spontaneous smiles, and smiles produced on command.

.

No comments: