Saturday, September 30, 2006

901 Skunk Hair

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I've got skunk hair! And I love it!

Being female, I naturally got bored with my hair. It's not exactly blonde and not exactly white. It's pretty much the same color all through, except for the palm-sized dark patch smack at the top of my forehead, which I bleach to match the rest.

I've been thinking about coloring it - a temporary 8-10 shampoo deal - but I can't use temporary color on the bleached part, because it might turn a strange color and might not wash out. I can use a permanent color, but that's - uh - permanent. I just wanted to experiment a bit.

I've heard that no one in (on?) Long Island has gray or white hair. You see it around here a bit - little old ladies with black, brown, or red hair. Not only does it look sadly fake, but dark hair with white roots looks terrible, make that TERRIBLE, much worse than light hair with dark roots. So I'm afraid of that, too. My hair grows too fast for chancing pathetic white roots.

Idea! Light bulb goeth on.

I gathered up a 3"x5" patch on the top and crown of my head and pinned it out of the way, and then used an ash-brown temporary color on the rest. It came out very light brown or medium ash blonde. It looks really great with the white-blonde top hair (kinda like a skunk's topknot) spilling over and blending into it. I've even got streaks, without that ugly broad striped look so popular with young women lately.

I love it! I love it so much that after all the temporary color has washed out, I'll do it with a permanent dye.

The darker underneath makes the top part look lighter, and I don't have to worry about roots - there are none showing. Bored no more.

This opens a whole new world - I can play with lots of colors if get bored again, just so I stick with relatively light colors.

1 comment:

Queen_Mum said...

Good for you. Now start dating men without checking their birth certificates and you may be surprised at how interesting things will get.