Wednesday, August 30, 2006

856 Sugar

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I am soooooo tired. It hit me about 6:30 this evening. I almost never take naps, but I feel like it today. I was up until about 3 am last night, futzing around online, and then I worked a Sunday crossword before I went to sleep - but I slept until 10:40 am, so I shouldn't be so tired.

I think maybe it has more to do with my new sugar resolution. I had cut almost all excess yummies out of my life when I decided to lose weight. But I still have this thing for Starbucks frappuccino, and peanut butter cups, and butterscotch-laced ice cream, and Jelly Belly jelly beans. I noticed I was gradually starting to limit the good stuff in order to fit the naughty stuff in. So. Sugar cut. Drastic. I'm on my second day of NO extra sugar (what occurs naturally in fruit is allowed), and maybe I'm in withdrawal.

What I've had so far today:
A well-ripened peach.
6 oz plain yogurt.
A very large salad consisting of mixed greens, 2 oz of chicken, chopped walnuts, white raisins, cucumber, green pepper, and feta cheese, with raspberry dressing.
One small "carb-free" ice cream bar (160 calories).
12 oz white grape juice (no sweetener added).
24 oz made-it-myself-from-teabags barely-sweetened iced tea.
Some water.
For dinner (but only if I get hungry, which I don't feel now) I'm planning a sandwich, chicken-cheese-green pepper grill on sourdough bread (yeah, that's coming out of a box in the freezer - but it's yummy, so leave me alone!).

I think I'm being pretty good, and if I stick to it, maybe I can get off this plateau I seem to be on and lose those last 20 lbs. (If I can stay awake long enough to burn some calories.)

I took a load of stuff to the recycle center this morning. I was worried because they have signs up that if you don't have the paid-for sticker on your vehicle, "you WILL be asked to LEAVE". I have the sticker, but it's on the minivan, which, of course, is in the shop. Suzie (the new name for the Aerio) doesn't have a sticker.

Back when I still had the Chevy, I asked what if you had more than one vehicle, and the town clerk told me I'd have to limit my recycle visits to one vehicle, or buy more stickers, at full price. That seems unfair. Instead of stickers, they could issue cards that you put on the dashboard. I guess maybe they're afraid that more than one household would pass one card around.

There was only one lone kid on duty today, and he didn't look, so Suzie and I distributed our load and got out of there. What bugs me is that no matter when you go, recent rain or not, it seems like the ground at the recycle center is always muddy. They keep dumping gravel, but it just sinks into the mud. Poor Suzie's mats are now all muddy.

I hate going to the recycle center. Maybe that's why I'm tired.

Well, one more reason - I've been fussing over a situation for four days now, so upset that I was about ready to do something extremely childish. But after talking it over with Piper (in person) on Monday, and Roman last night (phone), and another friend overnight (email), I've calmed down quite a lot. I won't be childish and stubborn, but I'm not going to be particularly nice, either. If I'm not allowed to be immature, I can still be angry.

So there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May you find a solution that feels right for you. We are all resposible for mending our own fences.
-Daughter

Kate said...

I keep saying I'm going to eat better, too. Do you know what I had for dinner tonight? Leftover hot buffalo wings from 3 nights ago, orane soda (not diet), and peanut butter cups.

Anonymous said...

And I think you have every right to be angry. I would be if it were me and it's the situation I'm thinking it is...

~~Silk said...

Mmmmm.... Peanut butter cups....