Tuesday, August 29, 2006

854 Monday

Monday, August 28, 2006

Long day today. I stopped in to wish Piper a happy birthday (59 - he says it's his last), and dropped off the minivan at the dealership. A mechanic then drove me home in the van, and, naturally, it behaved perfectly. The "check engine" light wasn't even on, although the monitor he had hooked up under the dashboard said the cam position sensor was not reporting. That was the fourth and latest sensor to have been replaced. (Um, so far it looks like when the sensors report a problem, the fix seems to be to replace the sensor. I don't understand. I'm pretty certain that wasn't the original design....)

Then I ran some errands. Many. I had to return a top at Wal-Mart, across the river, and since my local grocery store seems to be no longer stocking the tiny boxes of lunch milk, I decided to see if Wal-Mart had them. The total came to $120. Never enter the grocery section when you're hungry.

I didn't get home until after 10 pm. I haven't the faintest idea where the time went.

BTW - Edy's has a new flavor of ice cream. Root Beer Float. Very good. I found it while searching for sugar-free ice cream. It's not sugar free. Bad me.

No comments: