Friday, April 14, 2006

#642 Fallout Zone?

I was talking with someone recently about how this area was getting so built up so fast, and housing prices were still going up so fast, and that it was odd that just 20 miles south, where it's so much easier to commute to the city, what with a Metro North station and the highways and all, there isn't the same growth.

He said, "Indian Point."

Indian Point is a nuclear facility on the Hudson River.

This area marks the northernmost boundary of the fallout zone.

Oh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh! That explains a lot... so people kind of jump over the Indian Point area and settle in further upstream.

I grew up in Kingston (my brother still lives in Lake Katrine) and I have been baffled at the escalation in housing prices in the Ulster County area. Not quite as expensive as here in Rhode Island, but still a lot higher than I would expect.

Anonymous said...

And somedays I can't even manage to spell my own domain name correctly -- it's jimsjournal not jimjournal -- spotted the error only after I clicked "Publish Your Comments" Obviously there is a need for additional coffee consumption.

Anonymous said...

I just looked at a 1700 square foot 12 year old modular victorian 1/2 mile from Indian Point's front gate, that was selling for $691,000.

Peak fallout zone?
More like peak imagination zone.

Actually, its a peak real estate intentional escalation of prices zone, and its known as the Eastern Seaboard.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.