Tuesday, April 11, 2006

#638 Tuesday

Blah day. 70 degrees, but no sun. Glad there's no wind, either, because the men were on the roof again today replacing the cement top on the chimney, and they have asked me to turn the furnace off and leave it off until the cement around the flue has had a chance to set. I guess I can let the house drop to about 60 this evening, but at that point I'm going to have to turn the furnace on. I'm annoyed that they didn't warn me about this part.

Hmmm - I forgot - I still have the backup electric heat on the heat pump. That will require swapping the baffles, which is a minor pain, but I could do that, I guess. At least I won't have to turn the water on. Good. If I hadn't written this, I wouldn't have remembered it.

I haven't heard from Fishkill since yesterday morning. Bad sign, considering that we had been swapping emails at the rate of three to five a day. I am such a klutz.

I also haven't heard from Roman since he was here last Wednesday - neither phone call nor email. Apparently Piper hasn't either. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if neither of us heard from him until next week. He's really starting to piss me off.

Yeah, I think and say that all the time, and then completely forgive him as soon as I see him or hear his voice again.

I hate this. I wish I had better control of my own feelings.

No comments: