Thursday, February 23, 2006

#583

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Last session of class last night. I think QuickBooks could be very useful when I (eventually) get my business up and selling, so I bought the software (for less than half price, from www.academicsuperstore.com, recommended by Roman. I'm not so certain it would have been useful enough at full price.) It won't run on my current system, but I plan to upgrade sometime soon.

I have decided I'm not really ready for stranger-dating at the moment, so I have "hidden" my profiles on the online dating sites. I've got to get the rest of my life in order first, then we'll see what's happening.

Tall Dark & Handsome #1 gave my mood a boost yesterday when he said that he can't wait for spring, when I might start wearing the Indian outfits again (salwar-kameez sets, and saris). He said that I look "very graceful" in them. Actually, I feel bulky in them, but that's when I WAS 30-plus pounds bulkier. Twenty more pounds to go, by the way. I seem to have hit a plateau, but as soon as it gets warm enough to walk without my nose and toes freezing off, I think the rest will go quickly.

I was up early this morning because the Hairless Hunk was supposed to come over and get the burn started on the brush pile, trees and branches that fell in storms. I need him to start the fire (you won't find me tossing gasoline around!) and set his hose up. My hoses alone aren't long enough to reach the pile. And then when it burns down a ways, he has the backhoe (or whatever it is) and the muscles to push the edges in. But he can't make it today, so ... I'll be up early again tomorrow. If it's not raining or snowing, that is.

My energy seems mysteriously renewed. I think I'll throw some more stuff around in the basement this afternoon.

No comments: