Sunday, February 19, 2006

#576 Johari Window - Moved!

I had started a Johari Window, using my given first name, and invited certain friends and journal readers to contribute to it. Well, two things went wrong.

First, I should not have used my real name. I've been careful so far to keep it out of journals, so that meant I couldn't refer to the window here. Bummer.

Second, even before I had sent out the invitation to contribute, I had five contributors. Now that most (but not all! and you know who you are!) of my invitees have contributed, I find those first five just don't fit. I now suspect that there's someone else out there with my first name (no kidding), and these contributors thought I was that person. That also explains the wide range in responses. (I was beginning to worry that I was fracturing again!)

So - I have opened another at http://kevan.org/johari?name=Silken ("Silken" because "Silk" was already taken), and I have moved all the valid contributions over to the new window. The results now look more reasonable.

When I figure it's got about all the responses it's going to get, I'll post the results here. In the meantime, you can go to http://kevan.org/johari?view=Silken to see it so far, or click on the link above to contribute.

(Note - anybody can still contribute to the original one. I'll just move the lists to the new one myself to keep it up to date.)

No comments: