Wednesday, February 01, 2012

3451 Jasper wonders where the bird is.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
-- Steven Wright --

----------------------------------------------------

It's now 7:30 AM, and it's 47 F and raining. This is a very strange winter.

I was awakened at 2:30 am. I had been dreaming that I was masturbating (I wasn't, and that's a very strange dream for me) and a massive orgasm woke me up at the same time I heard a smoke alarm chirp. It's since been chirping every 30 seconds (hence Jasper wandering around wondering where the bird is). I don't want to climb a ladder until I've had breakfast and caffeine, so it's still chirping.

The orgasm thing is worrying me a bit, although it's also very nice. That's never happened in my sleep before, not that I know of, anyway, until this past week. This was the second in a week. Maybe like an adolescent boy, my androgens are out of whack? Pituitary problem? Where's House when you need him. (Wasn't there a House show, or Scrubs, or maybe a Grey's Anatomy episode, long ago about a woman who was having spontaneous orgasms all day?)

It's weird that since menopause I've become much more responsive, not less. And it's definitely not the "lack of fear of pregnancy" that so many people want to attribute it to. It's real sensitivity, like nerve connections that had been dulled before. Throughout my youth I'd had to tell guys to quit fiddling with my breasts. It was more annoying than stimulating. Last year I had my first orgasm from nipple stimulation alone. Blew my mind! (Yeah, The Man is GOOD!)

I suspect a lot of older women experience that awakening. I suspect it goes either up or down, maybe in equal numbers. For those of us that go up, it's unfortunate that men of our age are slowing down. We want more than they can provide. Maybe that's why so many older women are interested in younger men.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

It wasHouse. Really not a problem.