Saturday, September 25, 2010

3102 Shopping

Saturday, September 25, 2010

“If truth is meaningless and facts are irrelevant, then logic
doesn't stand a chance in hell.”
-- Wisco --
-------------------------------------------

Where I buy clothes, in order of frequency:
  1. Coldwater Creek online outlet, when I have coupons, and even then only items with at least 60% off. I like CC because the sizing is pretty consistent, and with so much experience with their styles, I know what will work on me.
  2. Various local tiny resale, consignment, and overstock stores. There's one in the village that has gorgeous stuff for pennies. She buys stuff at yard sales, and she must be the best bargainer ever, because she has new-with-tags name-brand clothing for 5 to 10% of the original price.
  3. Walmart, for T-shirts.
  4. Burlington Coat Factory. Every once in a while I find something really nice there.

Where I buy jewelry, in order of frequency:
  1. Local estate auctions.
  2. Yard sales, flea markets, and craft shows.
  3. Local tiny resale, consignment, and overstock stores.
  4. eBay.
Where I buy furniture, in order of frequency:
  1. Local estate auctions.
  2. Yard sales and flea markets.
  3. Antiques shows.
  4. eBay.

Where I buy everything else:
  • If the grocery store and the drug store don't have it, I probably don't need it.

No comments: