Friday, September 24, 2010

3100 Puppy, again

Friday, September 24, 2010



“The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for
experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence.”
-- Lyman Bryson --

---------------------------------------------------


A while ago I wrote about Puppy, the bestest smartest doggie I'd ever known. Today there was a post at I Can Have Cheezburger that reminded me of something else she used to do.

Although she was smart, and a good doggie, she was, after all a pup, left alone with Smokey the cat for long periods. And like all pups, she was fascinated by interesting odors, and she went through puppy teething.

I'd sometimes come home to find a pair of chewed panties in the middle of the living room floor. Or a chewed bra. Or shoe. Or the stuffing from a stuffed animal or throw pillow scattered around the house. Or the garbage all over the kitchen floor. When you have a puppy, these things happen.

And on top of each chewed item, each fluff of stuffing, each pile of garbage, I'd find a dried-up old cat turd scarfed from the litterbox.

When I got home, Puppy'd meet me at the door all subdued, forehead wrinkled, glance at me, glance at the mess, and I could almost hear her thinking, "Is she going to fall for it? Or am I in trouble?"

I'd groan at the destruction, then laugh at the prominent cat turd, and Puppy would then be all smiles and happy wiggles. "Yes! Yes! It worked! She thinks the cat did it!"

-------------------------------

P.S. I built a bootable disk last night, and attempted to boot from the disk and restore from the external hard drive. It didn't work. I need to find someone who can help me.
.

No comments: