Thursday, August 12, 2010

3054 Weight experiment

Thursday, August 12, 2010

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
-- Voltaire --

-----------------------------------------------

Z - you win the Glucerna. I'll get back to you when I've located all of what's squirreled away.

--------------------------------

When I started eating six times a day, and started losing weight, I was happy. When I continued to lose weight, I got worried, because it felt like I was eating constantly. I often had to force myself to eat the afternoon snack, because I wasn't hungry. I started to worry that maybe it wasn't the regimen at all - maybe I was sick and that's the real reason I was losing weight, and whatever was wrong just hadn't hit the pain centers yet.

So I experimented. I started allowing the fats I'd been avoiding. Like the frappuccino, the bagel with cream cheese, the potato chips. Mayonnaise. Very small quantities, but more than the once a week orgy I'm allowed.

I gained weight. Fast! I shot up 7 pounds in two weeks. (I also started the acid reflux thing again. I hadn't had that in months.)

A happy seven pounds. I guess it really is the diet. I've lost three of those seven over the past week, back on the rules.
.

No comments: