Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2910 Dense GPS

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
-- Sidney J. Harris --

----------------------------------------------------

Stupid GPS. Every time I want to cross the river, Jeeves tries to take me south, then back north, then west. The shortest, fastest way is west, then south, then west. Every time we get to the intersection, Jeeves gets all upset when I turn west instead of following his orders to go south. And every time, I think I'm "teaching" him the correct route.

Two years now, and he hasn't learned yet.
.

4 comments:

Becs said...

I know! My VZ Navigator lady just doesn't understand that I want to avoid all major roads. All of them, including 202 and 206. Stupid lady.

the queen said...

Silk / Becs - are you sure there's no option for "Avoid Highways" or "Find shortest route" versus "Find fatest route"? My Tom tom and the iPhone both have those under options.

~~Silk said...

I have it set on "find fastest route". And yet, when I ignore the instructions and go my own way to or from the bridge, when it recalculates the arrival time drops by 1 minute.

I think it simply prefers numbered highways over residential streets.

Becs said...

My VZ Navigator had three strokes yesterday then lapsed into a coma. I ended up half way across the state in the other direction from home.