Sunday, March 14, 2010

2807 Car

Sunday, March 14, 2010

We cannot get rid of terrorism by getting rid of terrorists. We must get rid of the conditions that create terrorists.
-- Me --

----------------------------------------

I have selected my car - 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT, convertible, manual transmission. You can see it at http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/build.do?modelId=100030&loc=en-us - click on the GT.

It doesn't come in maroon, which is what I really want. Either I take it in red, or get a custom paint job. The nearest Mitsubishi dealership is in Poughkeepsie. I still really want the Boxter, but there isn't a Porsche dealer within 50 miles. There used to be one in Poughkeepsie, but it closed when IBM laid off 13,000 people in the mid-90s.

I've been looking at various itty bitty 2-seaters, but the way I intend to use the car, the tiny pretend back seat in the Eclipse would be more useful. It will be my everyday car, not just for occasional flash.

Piper wants to go with me to make the deal. He thinks he could get me a better price than I could on my own. Maybe.

--------------------------------------

I went to a mystery theater dinner this evening. The "plot" was a cruise ship, and we were all passengers. There was a passenger talent show with costumes. Before the play, the "cruise activity director" went around and recruited people to play various parts. She asked me to play the Captain's wife. I turned her down because it involved dancing with the Captain, and my back was too fragile to tempt it. What she didn't mention was that the Captain's wife played Dolly Parton in the talent show. Dolly and I, by the way, wear the same bra size, but it's more spectacular on Dolly because she has a smaller tighter frame, longer legs, and a custom tailor.

They must have wanted me, because I subsequently got recruited for two other parts. Nope, back hurts.

The evening was $45. The salad was excellent, but the buffet consisted of three pasta dishes. Period. You could have pasta with cheese and red sauce, with beef and brown sauce, and/or with chicken and white sauce. Um, I'm not supposed to be eating pasta at all, except for occasional small amounts of whole grain pasta. The lack of creativity was annoying.

It was also annoying that when the guy dropped dead (poisoned), and we were supposed to take a guess as to who did it, there had been NO CLUES WHATSOEVER! The explanation at the end was not supported by anything said earlier. They gave out prizes to the folks who guessed right, and I'm willing to believe they just picked the character who got no more votes than they had gift bags.

Well, it was my first "mystery theater dinner". At least now I know what it's sorta like.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

That was my experience, too.

Congrats on the car selection. It looks like so much fun.