Saturday, March 13, 2010

2806 My body has checked out

Saturday, March 13, 2010

It doesn't pay to be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
-- Carl Sagan --

-------------------------------------

I have so very much to do to get the house ready for the kitty sitter. Lifting, packing crap away, carrying things to the basement or the recycle center. I'd been putting it off all this week, kinda in planning stages, ya know?

So today I bent over to get lunch out of the oven, and couldn't straighten up. Lower back is out. First time in literally years. Shoulda knowed it would happen.

Dang!
.

2 comments:

the queen said...

I wouldn't say this to just anyone, but:
There was a study I heard about in wired magazine that said the best cure for lower back spasms in a woman is an orgasm. It cuts the pain by 50%. I usually try to knock 2 out and then I can be on my way instead of being in bed for a day. Gut it out and try it.

~~Silk said...

It's not muscle spasms. I have an unfused coccyx, and the vertebrae above the coccyx occasionally shift and pinch nerves. (I have no feeling in my right ankle from a bad shift once that killed the nerve.) I have to stretch to get things lined up again.

Heh heh. I might try your cure anyway. Sure as heck wouldn't hurt.