Monday, March 15, 2010

2809 WTF?!



Monday, March 15, 2010

Human beings are never more frightening than when they are
convinced beyond doubt that they are right.
-- Laurens van der Post --

------------------------------------------------

I found this in my local newspaper this morning, among the ads in the world news section:

Huh? Is it supposed to be a political cartoon? I don't get it. Aren't Cruella deVille's and Scooby Doo's likenesses copyrighted? What the heck IS this? It can't really be aimed toward kids, but it can't really be aimed toward adults, either. Can it? Although in a red state, I guess those could be synonymous.... It's making fun of Democrats, but it's also making fun of the RNC and RNC fundraisers. Or is that the point?

I don't understand.

----------------------------------

Later: OK. I found it listed as a cartoon, here: http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=157573&CategoryID=25906. That's a relief, but the copyright issue still exists.
.

No comments: