Saturday, October 31, 2009

2642 Doggy hike

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Alimony: Bounty on the mutiny.
-- Salada Tea tag line --

---------------------------------


I went on a doggy hike today. Six people, one dog (not the intended ratio), on the access roads in a large park next to the Stewart Airport. Not a particularly strenuous hike, but up and down a lot of long hills. Lots of hunters. Every time someone shot a gun, the doggy tried to run back to the car.

A comfortable pace for me is about 3 miles per hour. This group does a lot of strenuous hikes, kayaking, skiing, and so on, and they moved a lot faster than is easy for me with my short legs. We were out there 2.5 hours, with no stopping and sitting down, so at their faster pace I figure we had to have done at least 8 miles. Don't know for sure.

Poor Max the doggy picked up a thousand ticks. I guess I'll have to check me tonight.

Then to Panera for lunch. First time ever to Panera Bread. I didn't like it. It's too much like a fast-food joint, but the prices pretend you don't have to clear your own table and scrape your own plates. I got the asiago roast beef sandwich, and the bread was so hard I couldn't bite it. I took it apart and ate the insides separately.
.

1 comment:

Herrad said...

Hi Silk,
Good post, thanks for sharing.
Came by to say hello and wish you a good Halloween weekend.
Love,
Herrad