Friday, October 30, 2009

2641 Karaoke and kisses

Friday, October 30, 2009

Archilochus: The fox knows many things,
but the hedgehog knows one big thing.
---------------------

I met The Man for karaoke last night. The evening was a mix of good and bad. He was sweet, and I fell in love again, but we had only five hours. The club wasn't very crowded, but for some reason it was very loud. There were some girls there (in the black and white striped shirt in the video clip) flogging some brand of beer and leaping all over the place, and the world series was on. There were supposedly four waitresses and two bartenders, but we couldn't find the waitress for our section for over three hours. The good part of that was that when The Man asked the bartender if we could please pay our tab, it listed only half our food and about a quarter of our drinks. The Man shrugged and paid it. It didn't seem worth trying to find the waitress to straighten it out, and it really wasn't our fault.

Here's a 1 minute 40 second clip of two of our favorite singers, having some fun. Ignore the sound - it's oddly distorted. Smack in the middle one of the beer girls tried to get me to taste her beer, fully aware I was recording, and then some guy, also fully aware I was recording, stood right in front of me. That's my voice yelling at him to move, damn it! This clip might explain why I enjoy karaoke, even though I don't sing. It can be fun.

[I included both the Blogger and YouTube versions. One or the other might work. I don't know. Blogger seems iffy, and I have it as "private" on YouTube. Please let me know if you can see either, or neither.]


The Man says next time, I have to get up there, lose my virginity, I can do "Wipeout", or "Tequila". Uh, no, I can't.

The Man gave me a birthday card last night, one of those cards that shouts I love you, and when a man picks out a card like that, either it has no meaning whatsoever except that it was on the front of the rack, or it's chock full of meaning. Having been married to a man who'd go with the former (if I got a birthday card at all from Ex#2, it would have been congratulations on your graduation or some other totally inappropriate message - he'd just grab the first pink one with an envelope), I choose to believe the latter of The Man. He'd be fully aware of what he handed me. Since he doesn't have to say or do anything at all....

--------------------

I was supposed to go to a talk at the college this evening, but I feel flushed and there's a hot spot in my throat again, so I decided to take it easy. There's a hike tomorrow morning I want to go on.

--------------------

It has occurred to me that I no longer have to ask "What's senior?" Restaurants, theaters, stores, the metro, all have different definitions of "senior", and until now I always had to ask. I don't have to any more. I just am.

It also occurred to me that Ex#1 was four years older than I, Ex#2 was six weeks older, Jay was eight years younger, and The Man is fifteen years and six months younger. I can hardly wait for my seventies! At least one thing just keeps getting better....
.

No comments: