Saturday, July 25, 2009

2522 Steam shovel? Earthmover?

Saturday, July 25, 2009

“Unquestioned answers are more dangerous than unanswered questions.”
Put another way,
“Unanswered questions may be frustrating,
but unquestioned answers are dangerous.”


----------------------------

I've been on Nutrisystem 4.5 days now, and the scale now shows 10 pounds lost since 6/17. That's 5.5 weeks, so that sounds pretty good.

I read comments and forums before I started the Nutrisystem, and quite a few users mentioned headaches, flatulence, and diarrhea.

Today I've got one of them. There's some kind of very loud machinery working in my belly. I've heard growls before, but not as loud as these, and not as constant. And it doesn't seem to realize that my exhaust system doesn't have a muffler.

Now there's a puzzle - where's all the "air" coming from? We're talking about 25 cubic inches every 40 seconds for the past five hours. We've gotta eventually run out of whatever it's making it from, don't we?

I got up early to go to the recycle center, come home and change, and then go to the antiques fair. I did go to the recycle center, but for the rest of the day I plan to sick close to the bathroom.

Just in case I develop the other side effect.
.

3 comments:

Zayrina said...

If any of the "sweets" provided are sugar free they likely use a sorbitol based sweetener. It causes voluminous gas in many people. (Basically that is what is in that candy that causes gas, you know-the kind they used to sell in the back of comic books). Those 100 calorie Hostess products make me as you described. I don't know if you ever acclimate to it or not.

~~Silk said...

There are only a few things in the box one might consider sweets, like a few chocolate covered soy crunch blueberry bars, and frosted cereal flakes. Not many. And they're not very sweet. I pulled a few and checked the ingredients. They list "evaporated cane juice", sugar, dextrose, corn syrup, glucose, fructose, stuff like that. Sorbitol (glucitol) isn't listed, not by either of those names, anyway. Maybe they're sneaking it in under glucose.

There's a LOT of soy. That could do it too, maybe.

~~Silk said...

BTW - "voluminous" was definitely the word for it!