Monday, July 20, 2009

2511 Maybe I'm depressed?

Monday, July 20, 2009

Isaac Asimov: " And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A [person] should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning."

-------------------

I don't feel depressed - except for feeling like I want to cry, but I can't think of anything I need to cry about. I just feel like I have no energy. My arms and legs feel heavy. About the best way I can describe it is that I feel "done". There is no more. Done, done, done. All done.

I've lot a long list of things I have to do, and I just don't feel like I have the energy to do any of them.

On the other hand, I've been trying to walk every day that it's not raining, and I have plenty of energy to walk.

I don't know what's wrong.

Today I walked about a mile and a half, bought and mailed an anniversary card for Daughter and Hercules, cleaned a cat litter box, and weeded about half of the front flowerbed weedbed. I also went through all my internet bookmarks, cleared out some, sorted the remainder. I also put away a month's worth of Nutrisystem food that arrived today. I'm getting serious about this dieting stuff. I didn't do anything that really needed to be done, though. All the important is still waiting.

Maybe I just need sex.

-------------------------------

Another blogger wrote about trucks hitting overpasses. That reminded me of a cartoon I saw once, a long time ago. A trucker is approaching an overpass bearing a large sign saying "Clearance: 12' 3". The caption says, "Um, let's see --- twelve feet three inches, and I'm twelve foot five inches, so that gives me two inches of clearunnnnnnnchscreeeeeech!"

Which (somehow, don't ask me how) reminds me of another old favorite (which may have been a "Far Side" cartoon by Gary Larsen). A group of cavemen are sitting against the walls in a cave. They have swollen bellies, obviously connected to the huge pile of gnawed bones in the center of the cave. Some of the cavemen are sleeping, some look quite sated, a few are picking their teeth. One caveman is looking speculatively at the bone pile - and the scavenging rat on top. The caption: "The invention of dessert".
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

A couple of quizzes online about "are you depressed?" are accurate. WebMD is one source. You may just have the blahs. If it goes on for longer than two weeks, that's probably depression.

Weren't you walking on a regular basis? Can you take it up again? It would likely help.