I fiddled around a lot yesterday, clearing out the bedroom closet, sorting clothes, reading on the internet, and watching TV. I think I was a little depressed because I had planted lily of the valley and five other kinds of perennial plants next to the front door, and something ate them.
I had noticed small holes dug in the flower bed in the area where I had planted the lily of the valley. Only maybe an inch across. Like maybe a chipmunk might dig. Then I noticed that the other plants had sprouted, but none of the l-o-t-valley. I guess something ate them.
I had noticed that the other plants looked like they were being nibbled, but they were growing quickly, so no big deal. Yesterday morning I found them all nibbled right down to ground level.
I may as well give up on flowers.
One of the sites that wasted my time yesterday is "You Suck at Craigslist", a collection of terrible Craigslist ads.
Here's a representation of some of the easier to net out ads:
- Rare long haired black chiwawa [Psst - black long-haired is not rare]
- chester droors,9 droor dresser and mirror - $250
- ketchin and specality cabenits - "I can offer exultant quality at a very affordable price. No mater how large or small a project you have in mind. Email me for a free estaminet"
- FEMALE BLACK LAB “FERGIE” ... SUPER SWEET AND HATE TO GET RID OF HER BUT SHE HAS STARTED KILLING OUR NEIGHBORS AS WELL AS OUR CHICKENS. [Killed your neighbors? And no one complained to the authorities?]
- FRENCH PREVENTIAL FURNITURE [That word can be spelled about 50 different interesting ways, and has been, as you'll see next....]
- Antic- Couch - $3500 -- "This beautiful Antic French prevention style couch has been in the family for over 40 years. ..."
I've also been reading a lot about the Iranian election. Iran is ripe for a revolution, but the cost in lives would be so high, I don't see it happening for a long time. That's why this election was of vital (literally vital) importance to so many people. They hoped for a slow quiet revolution from the inside. Looks like they've been foiled, and they don't like it. But they don't have any leverage on the Supreme Leader and his cabinet, absolutely nothing shakes that bunch, so if SL & Co. want the dinner jacket, that's it, it's a dead issue.
A dictator is difficult to influence, but he can be overthrown. A fanatic religious dictator is impossible to influence, and it's very dangerous to overthrow him. Even if you win, you lose.
I went to an antique (antic?) motorcycle show today. It was pretty interesting, actually. I even saw an 1890-something motorized bicycle. And I found out why bikers in full leathers have big bellies. The only way to keep cool is plenty of beer and ice cream.
There were vendors selling motorcycles, accessories, and parts, in which I was not interested, and then there was the leather stuff. Neat. I ended up buying a nice pair of lined leather gloves.
This is the far parking lot when I arrived. I expected a lot of motorcycles, but this blew my mind! There were thousands! That tree in the back is further away than it looks.
This is the smaller closer lot. These would be the folks who arrived earliest, and left earliest, so the lot when I arrived wasn't full. (Clicking on photos will enlarge them.)
These are some of the antique motorcycles being shown by proud owners and restorers. I don't know why, but when I take a picture, someone will move in and block what I'm looking at. When I was on the boat last weekend, every time I tried to take a picture of Bannerman Island, just as I pressed the button, some fool would raise his arm and point at something, blocking the island.