Sunday, April 12, 2009

2357 Remember your jump rope?

Sunday, April 12, 2009

This is the Kings Firecrackers, a performance jump rope team of talented 4th-8th graders from the Kings Local School District in Ohio. They practice 2 hours a day six days a week during the performance season.

The video made me cry, literally, tears running down my face. These are babies! The precision! The energy!

It starts out sort of ordinary, but then they get rockin! By the end *I* was out of breath.

Sorry I couldn't imbed it, but the link is safe.


(If you let it keep going, there's more.)

If you don't like going to links in blogs, I found this version on YouTube, but the video quality isn't very good. In fact, it's pretty bad. You completely miss the details. Please go to the link above.


[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2WK44cH2J0]
.

3 comments:

Zayrina said...

I remember. It had a lot to do with why I never had an ounce of fat as a child. That and my bike. I feel sorry for kids today because far too many will never experience what I did as a child.

Donna in Alabama said...

These girls are amazing. I received the You Tube version in an email the other day.

Anonymous said...

Amazing Silk, Thanks for posting it, I have never seen it before.