Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2241 Driveway

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

By early afternoon there was 7.5 inches of snow, and then the sky paused, and I knew it was about to start raining. The snow-thrower can't handle rain-soaked snow, and I certainly don't want slush to freeze, so I got out there and cleared.

The snow thrower was fantastic! It started right up, allowed me to drop the choke to the bottom, made powerful roaring sounds, and threw the snow further than it has since its first year in service. Wonderful! I hadn't noticed the reduction in throwing distance. I had pretty much accepted that on the wider parts I'd have to throw the same snow two or three times to work it over to the sides. Today it was blasting it halfway into the woods.

By the time I finished it was starting to rain hard. I was wet all the way through to my underwear.

-----------------------

Well, since his vet visit, I've given Jasper two doses of the pills and one of the liquid. He struggles and fights, but without biting or scratching. His struggling seems to be more just registering a strong objection. I'm sure if he wanted to get away, he could. I think he trusts that I won't hurt him, but he has to struggle to preserve his autonomy.

He is such a good boy.
.

No comments: