Sunday, January 18, 2009

2223 Movies, sort of

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nothing day. Really. I played with the cats, watched a 90-minute documentary, Crazy Love, about Burt Pugach and Linda Riss (they dated, he was obsessed with her, she found out he was married and broke up with him, he hired some guys to throw acid in her face, she was scarred and blinded, he spent 14 years in prison, he got out and was still obsessed with her, even his friends say he's certifiably insane, they ended up married, he takes care of her and she makes his life miserable, they're in their seventies now, and it's all true true true, also sick sick sick, and I don't regret the 90 minutes). Really weird coincidence, Linda reminds me so much of May - the way she talks, the things she says - and the woman with the thin whispy bangs looks and sounds like our friend NJ, it was all very strange.

And now I'm half-watching a terrible PBS opera while I wait for the Masterpiece Classic's presentation of "Wuthering Heights" to start. Oops, I just checked and that doesn't start until 9 pm. Maybe I should find something else to do.

We were supposed to get some minor snow sprinkles last night, nothing to speak of. Well, it's about three inches. And the snowthrower is in the shop again. The Aerio slid down the driveway when I went to the deli this afternoon, I was afraid she wouldn't stop at the end of the drive and shoot right on out into the road, we slid the last 15 feet and then stopped right at the edge, but then later she made it UP the driveway just fine. That's amazing. She's a good little car.

I'm bored.
.

No comments: