Thursday, January 22, 2009

2231 I need to borrow a life

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've got to start up some kind of life again. I do a lot of just sitting around waiting for something to happen.

Today I:
  • washed my hair
  • wrote an email to my sister
  • went to the grocery store for dry cat food, litter, and toilet paper
  • cleaned the litter boxes
  • read some internet stuff, nothing necessary, mind you
and, uh, that's pretty much it.

On the list, but not done:
  • read new dental plan booklet
  • search desk & floor piles for tax stuff
  • search desk & den files for name and address of the estate lawyer
  • pay bills
  • write to everyone I've owed notes to for the past six months
  • make dentist appointment
  • make doctor appointment
  • make vet appointment
This is not good. Sometimes days go by that I don't speak to any live person. Only 18 months ago I was pretty active. I've got to get involved in some activities again, but I don't know what. The volunteer group hasn't assigned me to anything since last spring. Maybe because they like to get new recruits involved? I'm pulling away from Mensa for a while, because a few people have been bugging me lately and I need to let the piles of crap erode a bit before I let them throw more on.

I somehow got on a contra-dance email list. Maybe I'll try that.

-------------------------

I found a slip in the mailbox that I have a registered letter (a large envelope) waiting for me at the post office. I'm worried. Really. I'm not expecting anything registered.
.

No comments: