Friday, November 28, 2008

2135 Holiday Shopping Suggestion

Friday, November 28, 2008

My Novica order arrived today. I love that place! They're associated with National Geographic.

The items arrive individually wrapped in soft handmade rice paper with blond skeletonized leaves tucked in here and there, and tied with wide red satin fabric ribbon. (This year. Last year the "bows" were little brightly-dressed straw dolls.)

Everything I've ever bought from them has been beautiful and well made. Most of their items come from individual designers, from "home" industries (most of the things I'm attracted to come from Thailand). No factory-made junk. But the prices are still reasonable. I recommend them highly.

Right now they've got free shipping on most items. Go prowl their site.

I bought this blouse (which is actually a little light jacket, washable) in white, black, and brown:

I have some comfortable knit dresses that I like but don't wear in the winter because they're sleeveless or short-sleeved. Little tops like this allow me to wear those dresses all year, for $19.95. And this particular top looks fantastic on.

Check them out, for jewelry, clothing, furniture, musical instruments, decorating items, and more.

(I am not getting paid for this ad. I just plain like them.)

---------------------

[Later - Same day, 6:48 PM. This is hard to believe, but I looked at the blouse a few minutes ago, and it was still $19.95. I looked at a necklace, then went back to the blouse, and it's now $24.95. I don't understand....]
.

No comments: