Thursday, November 27, 2008

2132 Over the Years

Thursday, November 27, 2008

I played with YearbookYourself.com. It's not the easiest or friendliest place in the internet, but, hey, I've got lots of time. (I was a little disappointed that I couldn't choose hairstyles. That might have been more fun.)

---------------------------

This first photo is me, at 16, in 1961. No makeup. It's a real mugshot taken for a badge, when I was doing some work for the Provost Marshal on the Air Force base we lived on. (Yeah, the dark line above the poof of hair is the 5' mark. I gotta learn some photo editing, so I can remove the white marks.)


This photo is what YearbookYourself says I should have looked like in 1960 (they have only even-numbered years) if I'd had any sense of style. And a hairdresser. I'm almost glad I didn't.

-----------------------

This is my college yearbook photo. 1965. 20 years old.
The next one is what YearbookYourself thinks I should have looked like in 1966. Of course, that's the 16-year-old face.

Ack! There's NO WAY I would ever have worn that hairstyle! I have a lot more brains than that. But, actually, I did have classmates who did....

------------------------

This is me in 1996, at age 52. The photo was taken in a London Underground booth, for use on a rider pass, immediately after a frantic morning of last-minute packing, a two-hour drive to the airport, and an 8-hour flight. I was dragged out, super tired, and there was no makeup left. When I'm very tired, the right side of my face sags. Even so, I like this picture. I don't know why. I don't really look good. I do look tired. (The dark on the left eye is a reflection on the glasses.)
I still love those big half-frame glasses. I miss them. Not only did they block less of the face and allow more eye to show, they provided a huge field of vision.

What YearbookYourself thinks the stylish me should have looked like in 1996 (but add 35 years to the face):
Who the heck is she? I have an inexplicable but immediate dislike for her. I'm glad I didn't look like her. Ever. Ever ever. Actually she sorta looks like my younger sister when she was 16. Hmmmm.
.

2 comments:

Becs said...

She looks remarkably like my best friend Beverly when I was just starting junior high.

Chris said...

Posting via my phone traveling home in the smoky mountains. The pictures are funny, can't wait to try that site at home. Your line about immediate dislike for "her" was hilarious. Happy t-giving.