Thursday, November 27, 2008

2133 Kitty Update

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Miss Thunderfoot still resents Jasper's very existence. She won't allow him within three feet of her without snarling and spitting and serious slapping. He's not allowed in the den, where the computer is, at all. That's her territory.

Jasper seems to hold no resentment, and mostly observes the restrictions, except when he's bored, or when Miss Thunderfoot is distracted, like when I've just put food in her dish. Then he'll creep up on her, reach out as far as he can, and tag her. No claws, just a pat, but that's enough to cause a tornado.

Lately he has started creeping into the den when I'm in here. Miss Thunderfoot is usually asleep under the desk, or on top of a stack of storage containers near my elbow. Jasper will come in quietly, and if he doesn't get snarled out, he'll pat my leg, collect a brief petting, and leave.

He sneaked in this morning while Miss Thunderfoot was asleep on the containers. Jasper crept up to the container, and sat straight up on his haunches to look at her. He watched her for quite a while, as if he was studying her. Then he reached out with one paw, pulled it back, reached out with the other, pulled it back, like he was judging how off balance he'd be when he patted her.

I wished I had the camera. I'd label the photo "EXPLOSION! in 3...2...1...".

When he reached out again, I leaned over and touched the top of his head, and said, "No no." He looked up at me and said, "Meeeep?"

And the explosion happened.
.

No comments: